We all know that it is true: nobody likes to spend time and energy on household chores in Dallas – especially when those chores include cleaning. And yet, if we don’t do it, our homes will quickly become impossible (or at least very uncomfortable) to spend time in. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t, right?
It doesn’t have to be that way! As it turns out, there are habits you can develop that will make your cleaning infinitely more efficient, and we’re going to tell you what those habits are in the following article. We’ll also tell you where you can hire a top-notch maid service that can deal with your cleaning for you.
How often should I do certain household chores?
Very broadly speaking, household chores come in two groups: the ones you should deal with as soon as possible and the ones you should leave for a standard cleaning. Knowing which chore belongs to which group will keep your place clean around the clock while also cutting the time you spend cleaning.
Always remember to split household tasks with other people in your household (unless, of course, you live alone). In addition to ensuring your place is always in tiptop shape, this doubles as an excellent opportunity to teach your kids (and significant other) how to clean.
There are some types of cleaning that you just shouldn’t leave for another day. Ideally, you should deal with these chores the moment they occur. It’ll feel tiring and frustrating at first, but if you stay consistent, it’ll eventually become an excellent habit that will help you keep your home smelling and looking fresh.
These daily chores include:
- Washing your dishes. Never let a pile of dirty dishes sit untouched in the sink. Aside from looking disgusting, filthy dishes are covered with grease and food crumbs that can attract insects and create a fertile ground for all kinds of harmful molds and fungi. If you really hate doing the dishes, consider buying a dish-washing machine.
- De-clutter. Don’t let clothes, toys, game controllers, and other items just lie on the floor or furniture. Pick them up immediately and store them at their designated spots. Clutter has a nasty tendency to get out of control fast, so you must always deal with it ASAP.
- Address mail Household mail should be handled as soon as it comes in your home. Mail can easily pile up and become an insurmountable task unless you address it every day. Don’t just shove it in your junk drawer 🙂
Standard cleaning includes all the household chores that you need to do at least once a week (with twice being even better). These chores don’t have to be dealt with immediately unless there’s a very specific reason, but should not be ignored either.
The chores you should attend to during a standard cleaning include:
- Vacuuming the floors, carpets, and furniture.
- Mopping the floors and (if necessary) scrubbing them as well.
- Dusting the shelves and furniture.
- Changing bed sheets and pillowcases.
- Disinfecting the toilets.
- Cleaning the bathtubs, showers, and sinks.
- Cleaning kitchen countertops.
- Cleaning the stovetops.
- If necessary, washing the windows.
- Gathering pet hairs (if you have pets).
Dallas Maid Service
No matter how diligent you are about keeping your home spotless, sometimes you just lack the time to properly focus on cleaning, or you’d rather take a break and enjoy a day off in Dallas. Either way, Valet Maids is here to help.
We team up with seasoned cleaning experts who have the skills, equipment, and flawless work ethic needed to truly make your house sparkle. Book a cleaning today using our lightning-fast online scheduling form. The maids we work with will soon put a smile on your face.
Valet Maids is a Dallas maid service with easy booking and scheduling to give you your time back for the things that you enjoy. Book online at ValetMaids.com or by calling 214-438-4804.